Friday, February 1, 2008

the New Old Navy launch party, chelsea -

relaunching a brand is a big deal. takes tons of time. and, well, a really good party.

after a year of "building the bridge", michael cape and dawn robertson, my fearless leaders, decided it was time to pull the trigger, and announce the new old navy to the press, and, like the cast of gossip girl and heroes. seriously. hayden panettiere, blake lively, chace crawford, kristen bell ( i made her act with a puppet two years ago. figured i owed her a drink.) with natascha bettingfield performing, and d.j. am spinning.



so there we were at the eyebeam gallery in chelsea, dominating the night, more or less.
guess all it takes is a ton of great film and some video screens.


please to note: connie and i were going for the glamour. after all, you've all seen us in FAR too many tee shirts on this blog. we do clean up ok:


we three kings. queens. well, technically, both.
ultimately, we're the triad that makes the pretty happen on most levels:

ah, here i am with sheryl clark, our head merchant, and john wight, our vehicle god. long story. not involving actual vehicles. moving on . . .


beautiful kira:


NOT my new husband. giles, the maestro of the "behind the scenes" videos.
though, from the pic, not a bad back-up:


one of my favorite pics of us. we all look lucid. and kinda cute:


here's natascha on stage:


ah, lovely sarah ruba. seein double. of herself:


man, by the end of the night, everyone's dogs were barkin'.


naturally, we ended up in the lobby of the mercer at three a.m.
ordering food and sitting on the floor . . .


and yeah, these came OFF.


an artist's rendition of my night.
i know. what's with the claw?
i don't know either. whatever. party rocked. he was jealous.


see, now i'm thinkin i need to trim my nails. like four feet.

7 comments:

- said...

GREAT suit.

so tell me Landis, what does this rebranding mean for me, the consumer?

Jennifer said...

love the 3-piece. just dapper as all get out.

stacy said...

Oh yeah! That suit rocks. I've never seen you look better...and I always think you're looking pretty darn good.

Anonymous said...

Before you trim your nails, would you like to be interviewed? All the cool kids are doing it? Come on - I'll throw in a scarf. If you want to, just send me an email. I'll do the rest. Now that didn't come out right did it?

moi said...

Ooo, I am so coveting that gold lame top thingee Connie is wearing. She's a stylin' gal.

And you. If by chance upon my death I am recycled as a man, I want to be recycled as a man with your wardrobe.

The Guv'ner said...

OOH you're in my hood, dude!

The Chelsea O.N. is my local Old Navy store (although I live further south in the Village - pronounced Vill-AHHHHHJE" :) Looks like a fun night!

You all look very stylin'!

Gretta said...

TELL ME ABOUT THE SHOES! GORGEOUS!