Tuesday, March 10, 2009

intentionally cruel post intended to make you jealous -

just had to thank my husband,
timothy michael thaddeus francis johnson,
for:
bringing me violet roses on a tuesday,
literally because they reminded him of a lanvin piece i had shown him online.
he said
"look, honey, lanvin roses!"
and for:
the heirloom tomato salad with not one,
but two kinds of bleu cheese
(point reyes and stilton)
and fresh basil.
because i said i wanted bleu cheese.
and for this:
now that's a killer smile.

6 comments:

Michael said...

This post is so sweet that I won't besmirch it with a "did he toss your salad for you, too?" crack, but it's taking all I have to resist.

justme said...

You are two lucky guys! Love the pictures and love the sentiment

ricola said...

....and you succeeded in raising the green monster in me. Still, a microscopic part of him somewhere near his toe is quite happy for you.

The Spicers said...

What a husband!
Love the roses.

Alice Olive said...

I LOVE that Tim brought you roses because of Lanvin. That's special. What a lovely post!

Whiskeymarie said...

Hmmm...

I need flowers.